If you want independent and fair scientific guidance on assessment and management of fish stocks, this is what I can do for you:
Working as a one-man business, I am available for assignments:
- of small and medium magnitude (up to a few man months),
- as stand-alone jobs or as participant in project teams
- at a reasonable price.
- Fish stock assessments:
- Evaluate data, outline limitations and suggest improvements.
- Advise on methodology
- Perform assessments
- Management strategies:
- Design and simulation testing of decision rules
- Provide simulation software
- Evaluate proposed rules with respect to performance and compatability with international standards
- Teaching and training in fish stock assessment and management advice
- Participation in, or chairing assessment teams and working/study groups
- Review of assessment and management plan evaluation work
- Advise on likely developments in stocks and fishing opportunities.
Key principles for my work:
- Fair, neutral, balanced
- Know what really matters and stick to essentials
- Know the limitations and find solutions
- Get the job done.